ASAN is seeking nominations for the following positions:
- President Elect* - 4 year commitment (2 as President Elect; 2 as President)
- Secretary - 2 year commitment
- Director at Large (2 vacancies) - 2 year commitment
- LPN Director at Large (1 vacancy) - 2 year commitment
- Nominating Committee (1 vacancy for a 1 year commitment; 2 vacancies for a 2 year commitment)
All positions will begin 1-Jan-2023
Submit your nomination using the form below
Self-nominations are encouraged. Nominees will be asked to submit an election statement describing the reasons for seeking this position. Nominees will be asked complete a conflict of interest form.
- *The nominee for President Elect should demonstrate service of at least one year on the ASAN Board or a Board of a similar organization.
- Any regular member in good standing with documented prior board experience is eligible for nomination.
- The nominee should demonstrate that they have been a good citizen to the society as demonstrated by participation in activities related to the society.
Duties of the President Elect:
- The president elect shall be elected and serve one (1) two year-term and will automatically succeed to one (1) two-year term as president.
- The president-elect, in the absence of the president, shall exercise the powers of the president. The president elect shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the president.
- These duties shall be such as to allow the president elect to acquire a thorough understanding of the business of ASAN and the duties of the office of the president.
Duties of the President:
- The president shall serve one (1) two-year term as the chief executive officer of the society and shall, in general, supervise and control the affairs of the society.
- The president shall preside at all meetings of the board of directors.
- The president shall also serve as an ex-officio member on all committees except the nominating committee.
Duties of the Secretary:
- The secretary shall serve one (1) two-year term.
- The secretary will be eligible for two (2) consecutive terms.
- The secretary shall keep an accurate record of the meetings of the board of directors and the annual business meeting and shall provide the minutes of the last official annual business meeting for approval of the membership.
- The secretary shall preserve records, documents and correspondence as directed by the board of directors and assure that they are properly archived, shall cause notice to be given of all meetings of the board of directors and shall perform all other duties incident of the office of secretary as assigned by the board of directors.
Duties of the Director at Large:
- Attend and participate in board meetings.
- Provide direction and guidance to the President and officers of ASAN.
- Uphold the mission and values of ASAN. Strongly encouraged to volunteer or accept committee leadership assignments.
Key Dates and Nomination Information:
- Nominations due by June 1.
- The ballot will be emailed to eligible voting members by June 24.
- Election announcements will be made at the Annual Business Meeting, date TBD.
- See the ASAN Bylaws at https://addictionnursing.org/Bylaws.